You are here
Content - Calls Detail
WHS Startup Track
WHS Startup Track 2017 Welcomes Applications
International Pitch for Startups in Healthcare at the World Health Summit in Berlin
How is healthcare going to change? What ideas, devices and therapies represent the future of the field? International health startups are encouraged to apply for the WHS Startup Track 2017.
German Federal Minister of Health Hermann Gröhe is the WHS Startup Track’s high patron. He will present awards to the winners on October 16.
From among all applicants, representatives from 25 startups will be invited to attend the World Health Summit 2017 in Berlin (October 15-17). 10 finalists will subsequently pitch their concepts to the jury and international WHS audience from science, politics, the private sector, and civil society on October 16.
Members of the jury:
• Kai Uwe Bindseil, Berlin Partner for Business and Technology
• Jutta Klauer, Pfizer Germany
• Shari Langemak, Medscape Germany
• Markus Müschenich, Flying Health
• Anne Kjaer Riechert, ReDI School of Digital Integration
• Renate Radon, Microsoft Germany
• Oliver Schenk, German Ministry of Health
• Ute E. Weiland, Deutschland – Land der Ideen
• Monday, October 16, 12:45-13:45 at the World Health Summit
• Monday, October 16, 19:00 at the World Health Summit with Federal Minister of Health Hermann Gröhe
Information and application:
Deadline: June 30, 2017
The World Health Summit 2017 will be held from October 15-17 at Kosmos (Karl-Marx-Allee 131a) in Berlin. Under the high patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel and European Commission President Jean-Claude Junckerit is the premiere international platform for exploring strategic developments and decisions in the area of healthcare. Every year, the event attracts more than 1,600 participants from over 80 countries.
Information on speakers and topics of the World Health Summit 2017:
The World Health Summit is open to media representatives:
Tel.: +49 30 450 572 114